Double the value – 4L will make 8L of Bitumen Paint!
Bitumen Rubber is a versatile solvent free liquid membrane that can be used as a Bitumen Polymer Membrane or used as a cost effective Bitumen Paint for general applications. Suitable on concrete, masonry, brick, timber, cement sheeting, metals, aged bitumen and other building surfaces.
As a high quality Bitumen Rubber membrane, this product can simply be diluted with water on a 1:1 ratio to form a cost effective quality Bitumen Paint for use in areas where a membrane is not required, making this the smart choice as a 2 in 1 product for trade and general applications.
Sizes: 300ml, 1 Litre, 4 Litre and 15 Litre
Features & Benefits
As a Primer
- User friendly and environmentally safe
- Ability to apply in thin or thick beds
- Flexible and excellent adhesion properties
- Able to be applied onto damp surfaces (free of surface water)
- Approved for potable water (exposure of 1000mm2/L)
- Waterproof adhesive for light weight materials
- Excellent sound deadening properties
- Waterproof retaining walls, cellar and basement walls
- Waterproof planter boxes, garden beds, landscaping areas
- Waterproof fish ponds, stock troughs, water features
- Waterproof water tanks (suitable for galvanised, metal tanks)
- Gutter, roof and membrane repairs
- Rust prevention and timber rot protection
- Sound deadening
- Sealing terracotta and garden pots
- Tree surgery, pruning and grafting
How To Use
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used.
Gripset Betta waterproofing system is made up of 3 stages:
Priming is an important step in the application to optimise surface adhesion. Recommended primers for BITUMEN RUBBER MEMBRANE
- Bitumen Rubber: Self priming, diluted 1:3 parts with water for porous surfaces; 1:1 with water for non porous surfaces
- Prep coat & Additive: Non tack primer coat for porous surfaces
- Super Primer: For non porous and smooth surfaces
- Damp Stop: For surfaces subjected to rising damp or residual moisture
A minimum of 2 coats is to be applied at a total minimum coverage of 1.5 Litre/m², to form a dried film thickness of approx 1.2mm. For immersed areas, a minimum coverage of 2 Litres/m² is required. Apply subsequent coats at different directions to the previous coat. Coverage is dependent upon surface condition; greater coverage may be required on uneven and porous surfaces. Apply by roller, brush, trowel or spray unit.
Back filling underground
2 - 4 hours
|* Based on normal ambient conditions of 20ºC.
Temperature, humidity and porosity will vary dry times.
Note – For potable water applications, wash down surface and remove first water before using for drinking purposes.
- Not to be used as a trafficable surface
- Not to be finished over with tiles, renders, paints or other surface finishes
- Not to be applied over glass or glazed surfaces
- Not to be used in areas with solvent spillage
- Do not apply on surface temperatures below 5°C or above 35°C
- In areas subject to negative pressure or rising damp, first treat with Betta Damp Stop primer
- If uncertain about any details, contact Gripset Industries before commencing application
- If using over existing paints, coatings or other surface finishes, confirm with www.gripsetbetta.com or Gripset Industries before commencing
- Curing will be prolonged if applied over damp surfaces
- When using as an adhesive, one surface must be porous
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion
In water while wet. Once product is dried it needs to be removed mechanically or by solvent.
- Best stored at room temperature
- Avoid cold freezing conditions and off concrete floor
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Shelf life is 12 months in original unopened container
The Gripset Betta Waterproofing System is guaranteed for 10 years when used to the full specification which requires correct surface preparation and correct usage of: primer, waterproof detailing products and membranes. Warranty is only offered when complete usage of products as specified has been achieved. The manufacturer is not liable and the warranty will also not apply to any defect or damage arising from site conditions, accessories not manufactured or approved by the manufacturer and any contamination in or modification of products or system. For full warranty terms and conditions, email [email protected]