Gripset Betta Elastic Joint Band is a waterproof sealing band that is used at wall/floor junctions to protect the most critical area of the waterproofing application. Consisting of a unique grade of rubber, the Elastic Joint Band provides a rupture resistant seal that accommodates expected movement between the abutments of different surfaces. Also performs as the bond breaker for the waterproofing system.
Size: 5 Metre x 100mm Roll
Features & Benefits
- Easy and time saving installation
- Eliminates need for bond breaking sealants, foams and tapes
- Elastic reinforcement at critical movement areas
- High strength while remaining elastic
- Long term sealing protection at volatile areas
- Compatible and guaranteed with all Gripset Betta membranes and adhesives
- Sealing wall/floor junctions and surface abutments
- Wet area bond breaker
- Protection to joints in fish ponds, water tanks, water features
- Waterproofing joints of structural sheeting materials
- Sealing joints and junctions on decks, balconies and roofs
- Sealing movement and control joints
- Crack repairs on concrete floors before tiling, screeds and toppings
Suitable for pipe/penetration diameters of 1mm – 80 mm.
How To Use
Select the Gripset Betta membrane to be used for the waterproofing application. Surface must be clean, refer to instructions of the Gripset Betta membrane being used to ensure surface is correctly prepared.
Select correct Gripset Betta primer for the application and prime surface as per instructions on the primer label.
Measure the length of area to be sealed and cut the Elastic Joint Band at this measurement. When measuring, allow for a minimum 75 mm overlap onto the Gripset Betta Waterproofing Corner.
Using a long bristle brush, apply a liberal coat of the Gripset Betta membrane to the surface, ensuring enough membrane is applied to cover 100% to the rear of the Joint Band. Embed the Joint Band into the wet film of membrane, ensuring the face showing the line of rubber is bedded into the wet membrane. The line of rubber on the rear of the Elastic Joint Band is the central zone and should be used as a guide to be placed at the apex or centre of the junction/joint being sealed. Note - Aim for a minimum 1.5mm wet film of membrane to be applied to the surface before embedding the Elastic Joint Band.
Once the Elastic Joint Band has been placed into the wet film of membrane, ensure fabric edges are fully wetted into the membrane film. Using a flat spatula or brush, ensure all creases or air pockets behind fabric edges and rubber section are pushed out. When applied, the Elastic Joint Band should be tightly fitted into position, showing good adhesion to the surface.
Ensure all areas where the Elastic Joint Band is overlapping onto Betta Waterproof Corners or onto other sections of the Joint Band, that 100% coverage of wet membrane is applied to fully bond these sections together.
Remove any excess membrane on the top surface of the Elastic Joint Band by brushing onto the wall or floor areas.
Once this has been completed, the membrane application should ensure the total Elastic Joint Band surface is covered with wet membrane.
- Ensure enough wet membrane is applied behind the Elastic Joint Band otherwise proper adhesion will not be achieved.
- Elastic Joint Band must be bedded into a wet film of the membrane. Do not allow membrane to skin or dry before bedding Joint Band in position.
- Follow all relevant instructions for the application of the selected membrane.