The Gripset Betta Waterproofing System ensures the most critical areas are protected so the waterproofing application is successful, surviving the test of time. The Gripset Betta Waterproofing Sleeve enhances the seal around penetrations such as pipes, drainage outlets, cabling and any surface fixtures by protecting against movement, vibration and cracking. The Gripset Betta Waterproofing Sleeve provides a permanent tight rubber seal against water ingress enabling penetrations to withstand a variety of movement conditions without compromising the membrane seal.
Features & Benefits
- Ensures a seamless elastic seal around pipes and penetrations
- Bridges gap between penetration and surface
- Fast effective application
- Enables 100% elastic recovery when exposed to movement
- High strength and excellent tear resistance
- Long term sealing protection at volatile areas
- Eliminates need for sealants and potential adhesion issues with sealant products
- Compatible and guaranteed with all Gripset Betta membranes
- Wet areas, showers, laundries
- Roofs, decks, balconies, podiums
- Planter boxes, garden beds
- Ponds, tanks, water features
- Waterproofing pipes and penetrations wherever Gripset Betta membranes are to be applied
How To Use
Select the Gripset Betta membrane to be used for the waterproofing application. Surface must be clean, refer to instructions of the Gripset Betta membrane being used to ensure surface is correctly prepared.
Select correct Gripset Betta primer for the application and prime surface as per instructions on the primer label.
Measure the diameter of the pipe or penetration to be sealed. Then calculate 50% of the measured diameter as this will be the diameter of the hole to be cut in the Sleeve. E.g. Pipe with 40 mm diameter, a 20 mm hole will be cut into the sleeve.
To cut the hole in the Sleeve, fold the Sleeve in half so the marked circles on the Sleeve face are exposed as a semi-circle. Using these markings as a guide, follow the semi-circular lines and cut the measured section of the central rubber area out to form a circular hole. Fit the Sleeve over the pipe/penetration to ensure it provides a tight fit around the circumference. Remove Sleeve and make any adjustments that may be needed, otherwise prepare for adhering to the surface.
Once primer is dried, apply a liberal coat of the Gripset Betta membrane to the surface around the circumference of the pipe/penetration, ensuring enough membrane is applied to cover 100% of the rear sleeve profile. Note – Aim for a minimum 1.5 mm wet film of membrane to be applied to the surface.
Slide the Sleeve over the neck of the pipe/penetration and embed into the wet membrane bed, ensuring the fabric edges of the Sleeve are fully wetted into the membrane film. Using a flat spatula or brush, ensure all creases or air pockets behind fabric edges are pushed out. When applying, ensure enough wet membrane is applied behind the Sleeve otherwise proper adhesion will not be achieved. Note – Sleeves must be bedded into a wet film of the membrane. Do not allow membrane to skin or dry before bedding Sleeves in position. When applied, the Sleeve should be tightly fitted around the circumference of the pipe/penetration and firmly bonded into position, showing good adhesion to the surface.
Remove any excess membrane on the top surface of the sleeve by either brushing over the face of the sleeve or onto the surface.
Once this has been completed, the membrane application should ensure the total Sleeve surface is covered with wet membrane.
Gripset Betta Waterproofing Sleeves are able to seal pipes/penetrations with the following diameter range: 1mm – 80 mm
To be used with
To ensure the job is carried correctly the products below are to be used as part of the guaranteed Gripset Betta Waterproofing System.
- Gripset Betta Elastic Joint Band: For use as the system bond breaker and to waterproof perimeter wall/floor junctions.
- Gripset Betta Waterproofing Corner: For use at 90° and 270° corner intersections.
- Waterproofing Peel & Seal Tape: Designed for sealing and flashing over non porous surfaces to protect against moisture ingress, vibration and flexing.
The Gripset Betta membranes below are all suitable for installing this product