Super Primer is a specially formulated primer designed for enhancing adhesion onto smooth and dense surfaces. Solvent free and non hazardous, Super Primer displays outstanding bonding properties to metals, plastics and glazed surfaces, avoiding the need for solvent etching or hazardous grinding. Ideally suited for the application of Gripset Betta membrane coatings, adhesives and mortars to enable reliable adhesion to difficult surfaces.
Sizes: 1Litre and 4Litre
Features & Benefits
- Solvent free alternative to dangerous solvent based and etch primers
- Bonds to variety of metals, plastics, glazes, smooth and dense surfaces
- Free of dangerous odours
- Super adhesion properties
- Excellent water resistance
- Fast drying
- Suitable for internal and external applications
- Can be directly covered with Gripset Betta membranes or enhanced adhesives and mortars
- Time saving, user friendly and environmentally safe
- Metal primer for internal and external areas
- Bonding directly to existing tiles without need for removal or grinding
- Priming over plastic surfaces
- Preparing trowel finished and smooth concrete for adhesives and coatings
- Priming over non porous, smooth or shiny surfaces
How To Use
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used. Suitable surfaces include:
- Metals such as galvanised iron, zincalume, steel and stainless steel
- Vitrified and glazed tiles, natural stone
- Rigid plastics and hard resin finishes
- Dense concrete and self levelling compounds
- Clay brick, precast concrete
- Compressed fibre cement sheet and fibre reinforced concrete
- Wooden floor boards, sanded timbers
- Existing acrylic coatings and Gripset Betta products
Coverage and Usage
- General coverage is 1 Litre/10 m² on general smooth even surfaces. On uneven rougher surfaces this may reduce to 1 Litre/8 m²
- Stir product well before using. Apply with a long bristle brush or short nap roller.
- Before applying on metals, plastics or glazed surfaces, ensure all solvent or film residues are removed using a degreaser or similar.
- Do not apply externally when rain is imminent
- Once dried, apply finish coat or adhesive within 48 hours. Do not leave exposed to UV for greater than 48 hours before applying finish product.
|Tack Free (primer usage)
Dry Film (ready for overcoat)
|* Based on normal ambient conditions of 20ºC.
Temperature, humidity and porosity will vary dry times.
- Not to be used over absorbent porous surfaces
- Not to be left exposed as finished membrane or sealer
- Not to be used as a membrane
- Do not apply solvent coatings over dried primer surface
- Primer must be dried before over coating with finishes
- Not to be applied when surface temperature is below 10ºC or above 35ºC
- This product is a primer and is part of the Gripset Betta waterproofing system. For all waterproofing applications, this must be used in conjunction with the Gripset Betta range of waterproofing products.
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion
- Clean away surface residues from metals, glazed and plastic surfaces
- Do not apply over sealants such as silicon, polyurethane etc
In water while wet. Once product is dried it needs to be removed mechanically or by solvent.
- Best stored at room temperature
- Avoid cold freezing conditions and off concrete floor
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Shelf life is 12 months in original unopened container
The Gripset Betta Waterproofing System is guaranteed for 10 years when used to the full specification which requires correct surface preparation and correct usage of: primer, waterproof detailing products and membranes. Warranty is only offered when complete usage of products as specified has been achieved. The manufacturer is not liable and the warranty will also not apply to any defect or damage arising from site conditions, accessories not manufactured or approved by the manufacturer and any contamination in or modification of products or system. For full warranty terms and conditions, email [email protected]ripsetbetta.com