Under Tile Membrane
Unmatched Tile Over in 4 Hours
Under Tile Membrane is a liquid rubber developed for wet area waterproofing under tiles, renders and surface finishes. Flexible and elastomeric, Under Tile Membrane dries to form a durable water and
vapour barrier against permanent wet conditions. Compatible with a range of tile adhesives, renders and toppings.
Colour: Light Blue
Sizes: 1 Litre, 4 Litre and 15 Litre
Features & Benefits
- Water based, non flammable and non toxic
- User friendly and environmentally safe
- Withstands continuously wet conditions, including ponding water
- Flexible and elastomeric
- Compatible with tile toppings and various surface finishes
- Complies to AS/NZS4858 and AS3740
- Excellent vapour barrier properties
- Wet areas, showers and tiled areas
- Balconies, decks, podiums, terrace floors
- Roofs to be covered over with screeds and toppings
- Sandwiching between existing and new concrete substrates
- Retaining walls, planters and garden beds
- Liquid vapour barrier between toppings and slabs
- Anti-fracture membrane for floor tiling over hairline cracks
How To Use
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used.
Gripset Betta waterproofing system is made up of 3 stages:
Priming is an important step in the application to optimise surface adhesion. Recommended primers for UNDER TILE MEMBRANE
- Prep coat & Additive: Non tack primer coat for porous surfaces
- Super Primer: For non porous and smooth surfaces
- Damp Stop: For surfaces subjected to rising damp or residual moisture
Refer to Detailing page.
A minimum of 2 coats is to be applied at a total minimum coverage of 1.5 Litre/m², forming a dried film thickness of approx 1.2mm. For vertical or pitched applications, coverage of 1Litre/m² can be considered. Apply subsequent coats at different directions to the previous coat. Coverage is dependent upon surface condition; greater coverage may be required on uneven and porous surfaces. Apply by roller, brush or spray unit.
Tiling or toppings over
* Based on normal ambient conditions of 20ºC.
Temperature, humidity and porosity will vary dry times.
Note – Once dried, ensure surface is wiped clean before tiling to remove any residues.
Not to be used as a trafficable surface
- Do not apply outside when rain is imminent
- Do not apply to surface temperatures below 5°C or above 35°C
- Not to be used in areas where solvent or petroleum based products may be spilled
- In areas subject to negative pressure or rising damp, first treat with Betta Damp Stop primer
- Finish toppings must be water based and solvent free
- Allow 10 days drying if treated area is to be flood tested
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion
- Incorporate Gripset Betta Prep Coat & Additive into renders/ screeds to be applied over membrane
- Betta Cemseal & Fix tile adhesive or polymer modified cement based adhesives to be used for tiling over membrane
In water while wet. Once product is dried it needs to be removed mechanically or by solvent.
- Best stored at room temperature
- Avoid cold freezing conditions and off concrete floor
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Shelf life is 12 months in original unopened container
The Gripset Betta Waterproofing System is guaranteed for 10 years when used to the full specification which requires correct surface preparation and correct usage of: primer, waterproof detailing products and membranes. Warranty is only offered when complete usage of products as specified has been achieved. The manufacturer is not liable and the warranty will also not apply to any defect or damage arising from site conditions, accessories not manufactured or approved by the manufacturer and any contamination in or modification of products or system. For full warranty terms and conditions, email [email protected]