Weather Seal is a flexible liquid membrane designed for weatherproofing external surfaces. Able to withstand varying climatic conditions, Weather Seal is ideal for common areas such as roofs, box gutters and facades. White in colour, Weather Seal can be left directly exposed to UV or can be over coated with acrylic paints or texture coatings.
Sizes: 1 Litre, 4 Litre and 15 Litre
Features & Benefits
- Water based, non flammable and non toxic
- User friendly and environmentally safe
- Waterproof and UV resistant
- Flexible and elastomeric
- Resistant to fungi and algae growth
- Compatible with acrylic paints and texture coatings
- Compatible over other Gripset Betta products
- Tintable with light pastel acrylic tints
- Roofs – concrete and metal
- Box gutters
- Parapet walls and facades
- Roof repairs to existing surfaces, including asbestos sealing
- Bay windows
- Exposed fascias
- Exposed surfaces subject to weathering
How To Use
Surfaces must be prepared thoroughly before commencing. Surfaces are to be sound, stable, dry and clean, free of loose foreign matter including any surface residues or existing coatings. Buildings are to be constructed to relevant building standards and manufacturer’s recommendations are to be followed for all building materials used.
Gripset Betta waterproofing system is made up of 3 stages:
Priming is an important step in the application to optimise surface adhesion. Recommended primers for WEATHER SEAL
- Prep coat & Additive: Non tack primer coat for porous surfaces
- Super Primer: For non porous and smooth surfaces
- Damp Stop: For surfaces subjected to rising damp or residual moisture
A minimum of 2 coats is to be applied at a total minimum coverage of 1.5 Litre/m², forming a dried film thickness of approx 1.2mm. For vertical or pitched applications, coverage of 1Litre/m² can be considered. Apply subsequent coats at different directions to the previous coat. Coverage is dependent upon surface condition; greater coverage may be required on uneven and porous surfaces. Apply by roller, brush or spray unit.
Tiling or toppings over
Curing for immersion
* Based on normal ambient conditions of 20ºC.
Temperature, humidity and porosity will vary dry times.
Note - For potable water applications, wash down surface and remove first water before using for drinking purposes.
- Not to be used for heavy traffic areas. Suitable for light foot traffic
- Do not apply to areas when rain is imminent
- Do not apply to surface temperatures below 5°C or above 35°C
- Not to be used in areas where solvent or petroleum based products may be spilled
- In areas subject to negative pressure or rising damp, first treat with Betta Damp Stop primer
- Any coatings applied over this membrane must be water based and solvent free
- If using product over existing paints, coatings or other surface finishes confirm with www.gripsetbetta.com or office of Gripset Industries before commencing
- Before commencing the application, adhesion of products to be used (primers, membranes, coatings) should be tested over a typical area of the prepared surface to ensure satisfactory adhesion
In water while wet. Once product is dried it needs to be removed mechanically or by solvent.Storage
- Best stored at room temperature
- Avoid cold freezing conditions and off concrete floor
- Do not store in direct sunlight
- Shelf life is 12 months in original unopened container
Gripset Betta Waterproofing System is guaranteed for 10 years when used to the full specification which requires correct surface preparation and correct usage of: primer, waterproof detailing products and membranes. Warranty is only offered when complete usage of products as specified has been achieved. The manufacturer is not liable and the warranty will also not apply to any defect or damage arising from site conditions, accessories not manufactured or approved by the manufacturer and any contamination in or modification of products or system. For full warranty terms and conditions, email [email protected]